Tuesday 25 May 2010

End to End Frank: Day 8

It was suspiciously quiet this morning.

There were no text messages from our intrepid cyclist and I was starting to wonder whether he'd had some kind of crisis. Even though he's already broken the back of the journey, there are still several hundred miles to go before he gets to John O'Groats.
Certainly it seems  increasingly likely that he will complete the challenge, but it cannot be taken for granted.

By late afternoon, there was still no news until, shortly after five o'clock, I got a text to say that he had made it to Edinburgh. It also said that it was raining.
Although it was tempting to tell him how the weather was still warm and sunny down here in England, I decided that this would probably not be terribly welcome.

The last update of the day came through at 7:20 pm, as Frank crossed the Forth Road Bridge. I assume that the rain had stopped as I'm pretty sure he'd have mentioned it, had it still been falling.

It was particularly thoughtful of him to give me the opportunity to include a picture of the two Forth Bridges.
Cheers Mate.

Special Note:
Although this post is dated Tuesday 25th May, it actually refers to Monday 24th. 
It's a shift work thing.

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe Frank has progressed so far and so fast - Franktastic!!!

    BTW, wifey has started Twittering, there's no hope now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.I can hardly believe it either... or that Wifey is Tweeting. If she wants to follow me on Twitter (and why wouldn't she?) she can find me as MrCyberkim.

    ReplyDelete