Thursday 20 May 2010

End to End Frank: Day 4

Details of Frank's progress were a bit sketchy today, but the first news that arrived was at about 10:30 this morning, announcing that he was leaving Monmouthshire and heading into Herefordshire.

When I texted my congratulations at escaping from Wales, his response was that he hadn't escaped, but had been thrown out of the country for smelling like he'd been sleeping in the corner of a field.

I was in the Stockport branch of PC World when his next meassage arrived, and it was a request to check the distance from Shrewsbury to Biddulph Moor. I made a quick 'phone call home and after a swift bit of Googling, Blight-of-my-life had the information Frank needed.
If he was going to make it home to the luxury of a night's sleep in his own bed, he would need to do about 20 miles to get to Shrewsbury and then a further 50 miles to Biddulph Moor. This seemed like a bit of a tall order to me, but he reckoned that he'd give it try.

Half an hour later, I received another text message that simply said "£3", to inform anyone who is sponsoring him at a penny a mile, that they now owe three quid. (I make that 300 miles, mathematics fans)

The final message of the day was just before 9:00 pm, announcing that he'd run out of steam at Hopton near Stafford and was camping in yet another field.

Sleep well...

No comments:

Post a Comment