Friday 21 May 2010

End to End Frank: Day 5


I got a text message from Frank as I was having breakfast.
The gist of it was that he'd made it to Biddulph Moor and would be having the rest of the day off.
OK, he was going to spend some of the time fettling his bike to make sure it was in tip-top shape for the second (long) half of the expedition, but at least it would be a day out of the saddle and a chance to recover in the comfort of his own home.

I decided to nip into Jodrell and pick up some mail. I had a quick chat with a couple of colleagues in the Control Room, collected my post and headed back to the car park.

Just as I was about to leave, Frank rolled up in his car.
He looked surprisingly fit for someone who's just cycled about 400 miles in 4 days. When I asked him what made him abandon trying to make it home yesterday, he confessed that he'd been getting pretty hungry at about six o'clock, so he'd stopped at a pub for a meal. It would have been rude not to have a beer while he was waiting for his fish pie to arrive, so he had a pint. It was very good. It was so good, in fact that he decided it would be much more sensible to have another beer and camp for the night, rather than over-exert himself.

So tomorrow he's off again, heading towards the wilds of Lancashire.
I, on the other hand, will be driving in the opposite direction, as I'm going to Worcestershire, to spend several hours in a studio in Pershore in "Prog Monster" mode, so the Twitter updates may be a bit few and far between.

No comments:

Post a Comment