Sunday 23 May 2010

End to End Frank: Day 7

So after a night's rest at the campsite in Scorton, Frank set off again along the A6 near Lancaster.
At just after noon, I got a text informing me that he'd reached Shap and had therefore clocked up five hundred miles. The next message was less encouraging.

When my mobile bleated to announce another incoming text, it read; "Lying in field. Everything hurts. Birds circling overhead. I think they're crows. I've seen too many films not to know I'm doomed!"

I decided that I should adopt a positive motivational tone and responded with, "Errr... Sounds grim. Drink beer."

I think he must have taken my advice, because about three hours later he reported in from a campsite at Ecclefechan, with the news that he'd covered 102 miles today.
The climb at Shap had clearly been a major effort though, and it will have had a significant effect on the average speed for the day, which was a mere 11mph.

These aren't crows...

No comments:

Post a Comment