Wednesday 19 May 2010

End to End Frank: Day 3

First I need to tell you that neither of the alternatives I had given for Frank's fate at the end of yesterday were correct. The good news is that he wasn't eaten by the Beast of Bodmin Moor, but the bad news is that the campsite that I had suggested was so far off his route that it was completely inappropriate.
Rather than traipse off into the wilds of East Worlington, he found a secluded spot in a field somewher near Crediton and did a bit of "stealth camping".

According to his first message of the day, it started raining at about three in the morning, so it was pretty wet until around about eleven o'clock and progress along the A361 was comparatively slow. To make matters worse, all the campsites that he had failed to find the night before seemed to have maliciously re-located themselves.
He passed dozens of them before he'd reached Bridgewater.

At around about four o'clock in the afternoon, he was still close to Weston super Mare, so I fully expected him to find somewhere suitable to camp just South of Bristol.

Yet again I was wrong.
Shortly before nine o'clock, I got a text announcing his arrival at Chepstow, so he has not only blown through Bristol, but he has crossed the mighty Severn Estuary.
I am very impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment