Friday 29 May 2009

Another thrilling instalment... ("'Thrilling'? I think not")'

After a bit of an effort, and in spite of the 'wrong kind of weather', the fence is now up. I finished it this morning, and Blight-of-my-life completed the painting shortly afterwards.

We've hung onto half of the old privet hedge, so the sparrows will still have somewhere to congregate within easy reach of the bird feeders and baths.

(If you want to know how it looked before, see this earlier post. ) 

I'm very pleased with how it's turned out, as the sight of wibbly-wobbly fences upsets me. I'm afraid that I'm one of those people who when visiting friends, can't stop themselves from levelling up the pictures on their walls if they're even slightly skew-wiff, so building a fence where the posts aren't plumb vertical and all in line with each other would probably bring me out in a rash.

You'll see that the base for the new greenhouse is also ready, so I've run out of excuses to get on with that now. 

Curses!!

4 comments:

  1. If "wibbly-wobbly" and "slightly skew-wiff" upsets you, advise you don't come round for a while - we are building garden steps today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tidymeup. It's always good to get an endorsement from someone who appreciates the challenges of wood and concrete. How is the extension going, by the way? Has the novelty of brick dust settling on every flat surface in the house worn off yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume that these will be wooden steps, RFB?

    More work for Ryobi and Morticia, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete