Thursday 4 June 2009

People in glass houses

Today, I'm celebrating the successful completion of the new greenhouse. It has been an unusually aggro-free project.
OK, the completion date slipped rather badly, but that was largely to do with the Land Rover deciding it wanted to take a month off, leaving me with no suitable vehicle for transporting bulk building materials.

With the base completed at the end of last week, it was a very straightforward task to assemble the aluminium framework and then bolt it down before fitting all the glass. The weather was just about perfect and the whole thing went together with hardly any 'effing and blinding' at all. (it would have been entirely profanity-free, except I managed to misinterpret the assembly instructions for the sliding door and initially put it together in such a way that the glass wouldn't have stayed in.)

You'll see from the picture that I haven't yet put the slabs down that will surround the base, but the plants have already begun moving in and they seem completely happy with this.


If you're thinking of getting a greenhouse, I can strongly recommend "The Greenhouse People". Their on-line ordering process was clear and uncomplicated, the delivery was efficient and the after-sales service was first class when I rang up with a couple of questions.


2 comments:

  1. Marvelous! Not just a talented musician, but also an excellent architect/builder. I only blogged so I felt less pathetic. I may as well kill myself now!
    Now I expect your next blog to be about how you did the spacewalk recently? lol
    Where can I buy your cd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about "talented musician"; I think it's more a case of exploring the limits of my own incompetence.
    Even so, thank you.

    Getting a copy of our CD could be problematic as we normally only flog 'em at our gigs.

    If you feel you simply must have one, you could leave an email or postal address on my other blog, "Mostly harmless", which can be found via my Profile page.
    I don't publish any comments that are posted there, so any information will not be broadcast to all and sundry.

    ReplyDelete