Sunday 21 June 2009

Won't get fooled again

Back in February, my band were booked to play at a pub in Cheadle Hulme.
A few hours before the gig, the landlord rang us up to say that another band had been booked by a private function, which was also taking place at the pub that night, so we wouldn't be required to play.

We were annoyed, but we were philosophical.
Stuff happens.

So we arranged another date to play there and moved on.

Yesterday was the date that had been arranged for the return gig, so you can probably imagine how delighted I was when, on arriving at the venue, I discovered that there was another band already there, setting up all their gear.
You've guessed it; We'd been double-booked for a second time.

I could describe my conversation with the landlord, but quite frankly you wouldn't believe the lame excuses that were offered for how this situation had happened; I know that I certainly didn't.

Based on the experience of two oral contracts with the management of the Ryecroft Arms, I am inclined to agree with Samuel Goldwyn...

No comments:

Post a Comment