Tuesday 8 December 2009

Sometimes you just get lucky


The weather was pretty miserable here yesterday; no sun at all, 10mm of rain and horrible squally winds. When you get a duff day like that, it makes you appreciate it when you have one like today.
OK, it is December in Northern England, so you can't expect miracles, but at about 8:30 this morning, when I was scheduling a run of pulsar observations, the low winter sunlight striking the Lovell Telescope looked lovely.

Then I noticed the vapour-trail...

I'm really glad I had my camera with me.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Luck! (great photo btw)
    I recently discovered Stumbleupon, a site that brings you random (within your pre-set parameters) websites, and have to say that 1 in 10 is terrific fun, and 1 in 20 is a gem. Cyberkim was the first virtual construct i thought of after wasting a wonderful hour on this:
    http://www.inudge.net/index.en.html

    ReplyDelete