Monday 8 March 2010

Chuffed

I decided that as the local model railway society were having their annual exhibition at the weekend, I'd go along and get a bit if inspiration for my own railway modelling activities.

It never ceases to amaze me how much care and attention to detail people will lavish on their layouts, so a couple of hours wandering around the various stands was well worth it.

There were some excellent examples of layouts in various scales from 'O' to 'N' modelled on prototypes from most eras of rail development, run with studied concentration by individuals or, on the more extensive set-ups, by teams of dedicated operators.

Hopefully, these pictures will give you some idea of the workmanship on show.

 

  

  

  

  

  




I particularly liked this small scene of industrial confusion.
It must have been based on a true story...

5 comments:

  1. That's not a simple hobby! that's art and some of it is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, I've clicked on every one to see the detail. My favourite is second to last, don't know why but I feel drawn to old warehouses :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mill - will yours be modelled on the former Bollington station?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you appreciated the pics.

    As for modelling Bollington Station. That would require an awful lot more space than I have available.
    There'll also be an "ability shortfall" too, I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are so cool. That must have been fun. There is a show called "I Love Toy Trains" that runs on a station here called RFD. It is one hour solidly dedicated to all things model train. What they come up with is remarkable, with all of the detail... it must take such patience!

    ReplyDelete